Friday, February 18, 2011

TREND REPORT-Or is it? Wallpapered Ceilings.

I believer in using wallpaper sparingly and with a purpose.
I hear buzz about this "trend"...wallpapering the ceiling only.
I love this room.
BUT I don't agree it is a new trend.

Mary Poppins circa 1964...that's damask wallpaer on the ceiling!


Elsie De Wolfe in the 1940's

Below are other great examples of using wall paper on a ceiling only, and remember A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY! :)




If wallpaper is something you are interested in but could use guidance, feel free to contact Fiore Interiors for a free intial consultation.

5 comments:

hankwillisdds said...

Hmmm...this has me thinking about some wallpaper inside our tray ceiling in our bedroom. This is a fun idea!

hankwillisdds said...

oops signed in under Hank. This is actually Hannah. :)

Unknown said...

That is so cool- and I love Mary Poppins... oh just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine...go down...

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

What a fun blog post. Love wallpaper on the ceiling!

xo,
cristin

Vanessa Helmick said...

http://simplifiedbee.blogspot.com
Is Cristin's blog and its amazing. People go read it.