Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Beautiful Irony

 I snapped this image on my phone two weeks ago while jogging. It was also a great excuse to stop for a few minutes (I hate jogging :). A simple beach house on the peninsula in Newport appears to have owners with originality. A partial remodel was in progress-and their new iron atop a low brick wall was adorable.

Here are some of my favorite designs in iron:

Beautiful



Is this how a bird feels?


Intricate Iron



Funky Modern Iron
Thanks to a walk in boston:


Greek Key

The mother of all Iron Work:

The Breakers Mansion in Newport, Rhode Island. A Vanderbilt Estate, you can learn more about it here. These are the originals-built of nothing but the highest quality of everything-and emulated (often poorly imitated) in Newport Beach, CA. I look forward to touring the REAL THING to see if I have done it any justice here in McMansion land. Ahhh beautiful Irony.

No comments: